Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back from walk with Peretz through cold misty rain.

Picture this: two people see neither themselves nor each other as responsible for their own actions, blame all that goes wrong on a third person. As that third person, I have no major problems with this, lacking belief in god or state, what and who one chooses to be responsible for and to is a matter of personal choice. Perfectly willing to be held responsible for more than I am if it helps.

Anyway, I wouldn't have any problems with that if that were the whole picture. It's more complicated than that, of course. One of the other people seems genuinely unaware of having made any choices at all, the other, I'm quite sure, has some concerns about having made bad ones regarding her responsibilities, reintroducing the notion of responsibility at a metalevel.

All very disturbing, but no longer my problem.

No comments: