Thursday, December 13, 2007

Did end up reading another Cordwainer Smith story before sleep, this one, all sorts of interesting resonances, structure a bit cockeyed & abrupt, very nice. Somehow didn't keep me awake, fell asleep more or less like I imagine normal people do, seems a bit like being pushed under water, might be why I have such a problem with it.

Half awake, thinking about prose, narrative structure, etc., etc.

Would rather be sleeping, was having beautiful dreams. Since I'm stuck awake, will get on with refining & polishing their contents, action plans, strategies & tactics. Overall strategy, be cheerful & helpful, tactics involve extreme alertness, rapid transitions, layered perspectives. Trying to stick to what I'm good at.

"Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!"

Only, you know, a lot more ironic & fucked up. Sign of the times.

No comments: