"Study me then, you who shall lovers be
At the next world, that is, at the next spring;
For I am every dead thing,
In whom Love wrought new alchemy.
For his art did express
A quintessence even from nothingness,
From dull privations, and lean emptiness;
He ruin'd me, and I am re-begot
Of absence, darkness, death— things which are not."
Get it? Got it? Good.
1. The ghosts arrived punctually at the Autumnal Equinox.
2. Shimmering and wailing, they made life unbearable.
3. The ghosts passed right through everything, but made everything they touched hurt really badly.
4. Even tables and chairs.
5. They tried cooking a Fall Feast.
6. But the ghosts came and ruined everything.
7. They tried fucking, but couldn't.
8. It wouldn't have helped anyway, the ghosts were too strong.
9. They looked into selling the house.
10. After the third agent they'd contacted dismembered five young families in five starter homes, they knew they had to stay.
11. On the Winter Solstice, they died together in bed.
12. After that, the ghosts didn't seem so bad. Some of them were actually quite nice.
13. Everybody had a party.
Not everybody can write prophetic stories, it's a talent.
Happy winter, everybody.