Sunday, September 28, 2008

Decided, once again, that what I should really be doing is going through Deleuze's Cinema books again & trying to come up with a manageable viewing list to accompany reading them. Once again having difficulty locating my copy of Cinema 2, did however come across my copies of Story of the Eye & the Fugs' first album, both of which I had mentioned to L. recently, the Fugs thing because of the Blake poem, of course.

It is perhaps trite to remark that canons, literary & otherwise, are, for the most part, simple artifacts of a lack of time which present themselves as products of a more or less total investigation- it might seem that this could somehow be avoided, perhaps with appropriate disclaimers, but I think this is a mistake.

Nice lazy day, L.'s listening to Randy Newman upstairs.

No comments: